Security is a top priority and concern for many individual consumers as well as small business owners. There are a number of simple things you can do to ensure your most important people and possessions are secure. Your first step should be installing a smart security lock, like those available through Schlage Smart Locks.
Schlage is a company that produces a variety of smart locks that can be opened and closed using a mobile app, key fob, or traditional key and are available in a variety of styles, including touchscreen, keypad, and lever handle. They are also available in a wide range of finishes, including satin nickel, polished brass, and aged bronze.
One of the many benefits of Schlage Smart Locks is that they can be used with popular voice assistants and a home automation system. This means that you can control your locks using voice commands or a mobile app, much like Amazon’s Echo, Google Home devices, Apple HomeKit, and Samsung SmartThings. (Note: Schlage Smart Locks are also compatible with these devices through voice commands.)
Why Schlage Smart Locks?
Schlage Smart Locks guarantee a smooth and secure entry into your home. Unlike the regular door knobs used in most homes, Schlage Smart Locks have a keypad. Why is that a differentiator? Well, for starters, no more keys!
With your phone in hand, you can simply open your home’s lock by entering your code. No more fumbling through your pockets or bags to find your house keys—just a quick tap on your phone screen and you’re in.
Schlage Smart Locks are also super secure. The keypad has a built-in alarm that goes off if someone tries to force their way into your home. So, if someone does manage to steal your keys, they won’t be able to get into your house without making a lot of noise.
Plus, you can keep track of who comes and goes from your home with the Schlage Home app. Perfect for busy families or anyone who wants an added layer of security, the app allows you to see who enters your house and when, so you’ll always know what’s going on.
If you’re looking for a secure and convenient way to enter your home, Schlage Smart Locks are the perfect choice.
How Does the Schlage Home App Work?
Make your life easier
Schlage Smart Locks are designed to make your life easier. That’s why they come with an easy-to-use mobile app that allows you to manage your home’s access from anywhere. With the app, you’re able to create and delete codes, and assign temporary codes for frequent guests.
Keep a watchful eye on your property
The Schlage Home app also allows you to see who enters your home at different times of day. This is perfect if you have a busy household or are out of town often. You can also track all activity on your lock, giving you peace of mind while you’re away.
Easy to navigate
The Schlage Home app is easy to use and navigate; anyone can use it—including your kids!
Monitor your home’s activity within the app or receive immediate email or text message alerts. Either way, you’ll know immediately if someone tries to enter the house when you’re not home.
Schlage Smart Locks Product List
Which Schlage Smart Lock is right for you? Find out here!
Schlage Smart Locks Product Reviews
Schlage is a leading smart lock company. And, the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt is a perfect example of quality and innovation. This lock is designed to be used with Apple HomeKit, which allows for voice control and synchronization with Siri or the Apple Home app.
You can also create scenes in the Home app that will activate multiple devices at once, like turning on lights and locking doors when you go to bed.
The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt has several other features that make it a great smart lock option. It has a built-in alarm that goes off if someone tries to force it open, and can be programmed to recognize up to 30 different users. The Keys feature also allows other people to unlock your door, without the need to share access codes or keys. Up to 50 of these digital keys can be sent out at once (but will only work for three days, before they need to be renewed).
Designed to be a keyless, Bluetooth-enabled entry system for your home, you can use the Schlage Sense app to create and manage up to 30 unique access codes for friends and family, or to unlock your door from anywhere in the world.
The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt also features an illuminated touchscreen keypad that makes it easy to enter your access code, even in the dark. And if you ever lose your phone, you can use the Schlage Sense app to disable access from your phone, so that no one can get into your home without a physical key.
Making style selections super-easy, with the Schlage Sense app you can pick the style and finish that best suits your home. Choose from three different finishes: satin nickel, matte black, and antique brass. And two different lock styles: a traditional deadbolt or contemporary lever.
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt Installation
The Schlage Sense app includes step-by-step instructions for installing the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt, making the process easy enough for anyone to accomplish in a matter of minutes. You don’t need any special tools or equipment to install the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt and can simply use tools you likely already have in your toolbox. Here’s how:
- Remove the old deadbolt from your door.
- Open up the back of the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt and insert the batteries.
- Close the back of the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt and insert the key into the lock.
- Turn the key counterclockwise to unlock the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt.
- Align the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with the hole in your door and turn the key clockwise to lock it into place.
- Test out the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt by locking and unlocking your door.
If you have any questions during the installation process, the Schlage Sense app includes a variety of helpful resources, including video tutorials and FAQs.
The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt is also compatible with most standard deadbolt locks and compatible with most Apple and Android devices. Be sure to download the Schlage Sense app for free download from the App Store and Google Play.
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt Key Features
- Compatibility: The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt is compatible with Siri and Google Now voice control for HomeKit, Nest Learning Thermostat, Amazon Echo, and Honeywell Lyric. This means that you can control the lock without having to pull out your phone or tap on the touchscreen. It also works with IFTTT.
- Durability: Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt has a history of being a reliable and durable lock. With a Grade 1 security rating, it is the highest-rated residential security lock available.
- Easy to install: You can do it yourself in just a few minutes by following the simple instructions in the included manual.
- Touchscreen interface: The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt features a backlit interface, so it’s easy to see in the dark as well as during the day.
- Auto-lock feature: The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt’s auto-lock feature works quickly and efficiently. You can also customize your auto-lock settings to meet your needs.
- Smartphone activation options: Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt has a feature that allows you to unlock it with your phone, even if the battery dies.
- Easy set-up and syncing: The process is simple and allows you to sync with your other smart devices.
- Lifetime warranty: Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt Pros:
- You can unlock the door with your phone or key fob.
- You can create and share up to 30 unique access codes.
- The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt is easy to install.
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt Cons:
- A WiFi connection and a smartphone are required to use the Schlage Sense.
- You’ll need a separate hub to control smart-home devices using the included app.
- The door lock’s polished brass finish may not match some home decors.
Buy on Amazon Or Check These Other Vendors:
The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt is a high-tech lock that allows you to control access to your home using your smartphone. The lock is easy to install and can be connected to your home’s WiFi network, allowing you to remotely lock or unlock your door from anywhere in the world.
Also featured is a backup key lock, just in case your phone dies or you’re locked out. The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt can be automatically programmed to work with up to 30 unique user codes.
Don’t have a smartphone? No problem. The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt is also compatible with Alexa and Google Home voice-activated devices for hands-free operation.
Offering state-of-the-art security with a variety of advanced features, Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt is equipped with patent-pending SecureScreen technology, which naturally identifies your unique fingerprint as you touch the keypad to prevent hackers from gaining access.
The lock can also be set to automatically open when you arrive home, so you don’t have to fumble for your keys. And if you happen to lose your phone, the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt comes with a key fob that can be used to unlock the door manually.
This is the perfect choice for anyone looking for convenient and secure home access. With its easy installation, advanced features, and compatibility with voice-activated devices, the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt is the smartest lock for the most convenient security. Order yours today!
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt Installation
The installation process of Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt is actually very simple and can be done in a matter of minutes. Here’s how:
- First, remove the old deadbolt by unscrewing the two screws on the inside of the door.
- Next, insert the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt into the hole where the old one was. Make sure that the keypad is facing the correct way.
- Replace the screws and tighten them up.
- Download and open the Schlage Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Next, open the menu in the upper left corner and select “Add Accessory.”
- The app will then guide you to set up your Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt. If you need further assistance in setting up your deadbolt.
- Once you finish the app setup, you will be able to use your Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Alexa, Google Home, and your phone (through the app).
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt Features
The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt has many features that make it a great choice for your home. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Illuminated touchscreen keypad: Now it’s easier to enter your home, day or night.
- Free Schlage Sense app: Control and monitor your home from anywhere.
- Compatible with other smart home platforms: Use it with the devices you already have.
- Powered by 4-AA battery backup: Get into your home, even if the power is out.
- Available in two finishes: Satin nickel and sense™.
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt Pros
- Strong and durable: Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt can be locked or unlocked using your smartphone, keypad, or traditional key.
- User-friendly: The Schlage app is easy to navigate.
- Customization: You can create custom codes for guests, set schedules for when the lock is active, and receive notifications when the lock is used.
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt Cons
- It requires a strong WiFi signal in order to work properly. If your home doesn’t have good WiFi coverage, you may not be able to use this lock.
- Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt is one of the more expensive smart locks on the market, so it may not be within everyone’s budget.
Buy on Amazon Or Check These Other Vendors:
The Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt is a great choice for anyone looking for a secure and easy-to-use smart lock. With the ability to be controlled remotely using a smartphone or tablet, The Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt allows you to easily lock or unlock your door from anywhere.
The Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt uses your existing key (or keys), so you can still access your home the old-fashioned way. With a backup keyway, in case all else fails, the Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt keeps your house secure at all times. Plus, with intuitive features like Voice Prompt technology and Z-Wave compatibility, this is truly one smart lock that offers you both convenience and peace of mind.
When you purchase a Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt, you’ll also receive a four-year battery, two keys, and an installation kit.
The Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt is operated using a smartphone or tablet. Simply download the Schlage Sense app from the App Store or Google Play and install it on your mobile device. The lock can then be paired with a Z-wave hub, which will allow you to control it remotely via a smartphone or tablet. Once installed, the lock will automatically engage when you approach your door and enter the appropriate PIN. You can set up a separate PIN for everyone who has access to your home, so you can keep track of who’s coming and going. The lock will automatically reengage when you’re gone, keeping your house protected at all times.
Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt Installation
Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt installation is a breeze. You can do it in a few easy steps. But, before you get started, take note: The thickness of your door must be between 1 3/8″ and 2 1/4″ in order for the deadbolt to fit properly. If you have a thinner door, choose another accessory from our wide variety of smart locks.
- To prepare for installation, remove any existing locks on your door or cover them with plastic caps (included). Remove the existing latch through the exterior hole of your door using the included hex key tool.
- Follow all instructions and warnings provided in the Schlage Connect user guide.
- Download the Schlage Connect app (available for free on the App Store and Google Play). Compatible with both Android and iOS devices, the app allows you to easily control your Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt from anywhere.
- Install the Schlage Connect WiFi Adapter into an outlet near your door to give your Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt online access, so you can control it remotely. You don’t need to have a smart home hub to use the adapter (it works with any existing WiFi network).
- While installing the Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt, Schlage’s Sense technology measures the thickness of your door to make sure the Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt is installed properly. Making connections work flawlessly every time. Plus, with our Lifetime Limited Warranty, you can be sure that your Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt will last for years to come.
Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt Key Features:
- Remote locking and unlocking: Lock or unlock your door from anywhere with your smartphone.
- SmartAlerts: Get an email or text message when someone locks or unlocks your door, so you always know who is coming and going.
- User profiles: Create up to 30 unique user profiles, each with their own access privileges, so you can share your home with family, friends, or guests.
- Timed lock: Set your Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt to automatically lock after a certain amount of time, so you never have to worry about forgetting to lock up.
- Low battery indicator: get a warning when your batteries start to run low, so you can replace them before they die completely.
Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt Pros:
- You can program up to 30 different PIN codes into the lock, which means that you can create separate PINs for family members or guests, etc.
- The unit is easy to install and programming is a breeze. (The whole process took us about 30 minutes.)
- The lock has a built-in alarm that goes off if someone tries to jimmy the lock or force their way into your home.
Schlage ConnectSmart Deadbolt Cons:
- The lock uses 4 AA batteries, which means that you have to remember to replace them on a regular basis (the Schlage website says that the batteries should last for about a year).
- The lock is not compatible with Google Home or Apple HomeKit.
Buy on Amazon Or Check These Other Vendors:
The Schlage Connected Keypad is a battery-operated keypad that can be installed on any exterior door.
The keypad features an illuminated keypad and a backlit key ring, making it easy to see and use in the dark. It also has a loud, 95-decibel alarm that can be activated when someone tries to tamper with the lock.
Users can set up their locks to automatically relock when they leave or enter a 4 to 12-digit code, up to six times; which will either unlock or lock the door.
To make it harder for someone to guess your code, you can simply press one button several times until it beeps, adding an extra layer of security.
The Schlage Connected Keypad is available in both keyed and keyless entry versions and can be used with any Schlage Connected lock. Compatible with Amazon’s Echo, the keypad responds to voice commands to unlock your door. Plus, it’s wireless and battery operated (the batteries should last for about a year, with normal use).
The Schlage Connected Keypad can be installed in minutes by simply drilling two small holes in your door and using the included screws and anchors and is a great way to add an extra layer of security to your home.
Schlage Connected Keypads Installation
The Schlage Connected Keypads are designed to work with your existing deadbolt lock (Schlage Touchscreen or Camelot models). However, you need an adapter if the lockset has a metal cover on the inside of the knob. The following steps will guide you through the installation process.
- Remove the screws that hold your existing lock in place. Gently pull the lock out of the door.
- Align the keypad with the hole on the door and insert the screws to secure it in place. Do not over-tighten the screws or you may damage the keypad.
- Remove the screws that hold your existing keypad in place. Gently pull it out of the door, along with the plastic cover. Keep the screws for re-installation.
- Make sure that you connect the wiring properly (red to red, black to black). Test your lock before replacing the screws.
- Program Your Schlage Connected Keypad
Now you’re ready to use your new Schlage Connected keypad! Use your code, PIN, or key card to lock and unlock your door from anywhere in the world.
Schlage Connected Keypads Features
Schlage Connected Keypads are designed with your security in mind. With multiple security features, they’re a great choice for any home or office.
Some of the key features of Schlage Connected Keypads include:
- Easy to install: You can do it yourself in just a few minutes, with no special tools required.
- Built to last: The Schlage Connected Keypad features a solid metal construction that can withstand the harshest environments.
- Specialized security features: This includes the Try-Before-You-Buy feature, which allows you to check if the keypad is properly programmed.
- Designed for convenience: The Schlage Connected Keypad has a large, backlit keypad that makes it easy to enter your PIN, even in the dark.
- Highly compatible: The Schlage Connected Keypad is compatible with most Z-Wave hubs, such as SmartThings and Wink.
- No need for wired connections: Remember that these keypads use 4 AA batteries (included) to power the device’s wireless functions. They do not require a wired connection of any kind, so it is easy to install and maintain them in any location.
- Multi-PIN capabilities: Keep in mind that some hubs allow you to assign different PINs to different people, while others may require you to use one PIN for everyone. Be sure to check with the manufacturer of your hub and follow their instructions accordingly.
Schlage Connected Keypads Pros
- The Schlage Connected Keypad also has a backup battery, so if there is ever a power outage you’ll still be able to get into your home and lock or unlock your door—even if the batteries die.
- With its sleek, clean look the Schlage Connected Keypad doesn’t stick out too much, but it does make it easier to know which keypad you’re using to unlock your door over traditional keypads.
Schlage Connected Keypads Cons
- The main disadvantage of the Schlage Connected Keypad is that it uses four AA batteries annually. If you’re using rechargeable batteries, they’ll need to be charged regularly. You should also keep in mind that batteries may fail over time.
- Schlage Connected Keypad may easily be hacked if someone has the right tools. So, if you are not comfortable with having electronic devices near your front door, or if you have concerns about people being able to hack into your keypad, then this might not be the best option for you.
Deadbolt Style: Buy on Amazon Or Check These Other Vendors:
Door Lever Style: Buy on Amazon Or Check These Other Vendors:
Schlage Smart Locks are a great way to keep your home safe and secure. They’re easy to use and provide a high level of security. Schlage Smart Locks are compatible with a variety of smart home platforms, making them a great choice for any homeowner. You can rest assured, you’ll always be able to get into your home—even if you forget your keys. With a variety of different options to choose from, there is a Schlage Smart Lock for everyone. Be sure to check out the different models and find the one that best suits your needs. If you are ready to purchase, we’ve listed our recommended Schlage Smart Locks table again below for easy reference.